Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Alice News - Curiouser and Curiouser

Actually, there isn't much curious here. Just more news about Alice in Wonderland.

First up an interview with director Tim Burton. He was asked if he had read the book and at what age. (Are there people who direct movies WITHOUT reading the book???) Burton's answer:
Oh yeah, when I was maybe eight, ten or whatever. I had a weird connection because I bought the house. I don’t know if you know the illustrator, Arthur Rackem. I live and work out of his studio. In 1905, he did some amazing versions of Alice in Wonderland, Sleepy Hollow, things that I’ve been involved with, so I felt there was a weird connection to me — the material, and life. It always helps somehow.
I found this very interesting. I love the Arthur Rackham illustrations for Alice in Wonderland.

Next up Anne Hathaway is in a list of top contenders to be America's next sweetheart.

Last, and this isn't exactly news, but a company named Dust Furniture is selling furniture that looks like it would be at home through the looking glass. Here are some examples, below. They also have an Etsy store!

* * *

No comments: